Posted: July 13, 2016
NOBA seeks a dynamic and experienced fundraising professional who believes strongly in the organization's mission and programs to plan, implement, and maintain all fundraising and contributed revenue/resource development programs of NOBA; the position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Develop and implement fundraising strategies, work plans, and calendars for all sectors of giving, including individual donors, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, government grants, special events, volunteer management, and capital campaigns.
2. Manage departmental budget.
3. With the Executive Director and key leadership, develop, implement, and execute elements of the annual fund including direct mail, online fundraising, donor database maintenance and appeal segmentation, donor benefit planning and fulfillment, gift processing, donor acknowledgement, records management, and financial reporting.
4. Design and implement effective and tailored individual, corporate, foundation, and governmental donor acquisition and renewal efforts including planning strategies for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
5. Oversee the researching and identifying of corporate, foundation, and government prospects with a keen understanding and ability to align funder priorities with organizational objectives, writing and development of grant proposals, reports, and related support documents, budget preparation, and fiscal management of the grant.
6. Act as liaison with volunteer groups, Board, and staff to coordinate, implement, and produce all aspects of special events, meetings, receptions, and any other activity as necessary, including, but not limited to annual fundraisers and donor receptions at performances (for example, set up, volunteer management, donation solicitation, invitation design and execution, generating guest list, reports, schedule photographers).
7. Collaborate with other departments to fully maximize funding opportunities and donor cultivation (ie. publications, other communications and projects that relate to development activities of the institution, and organizational initiatives).
8. Represent the organization and work at performances, donor related functions, and other events as requested by the Executive Director.
• B.A. with a minimum of 5 years of development experience with a strong understanding of fundraising practices and principles.
• Knowledge of the New Orleans area funding community preferred.
• High level of attention to detail combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and work both independently and as a team member and leader.
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal skills in building, deepening, and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external constituents.
• The proven ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively with highly-developed research, writing, and proofing skills.
• Expertise with cultivating, planning, and executing special events and with securing gifts and grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government sources.
• Energetic and self-directed, with strong organizational and management skills and the ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects and assignments at the same time to meet deadlines.
• Computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and databases.
• Willingness to work on the weekends and evenings as required
To Apply: Please submit a sample of a proposal you have written along with your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
New Orleans Ballet Association | NOBA is searching for interns to work in varying aspects of our organization focusing on our membership and education programs. We will need interns to work at least 15-20 hours a week. This opportunity is a great, hands-on arts administration/non-profit experience right in time to kick off our exciting season filled with diverse, world-class companies!
We are interviewing internship candidates on a rolling basis, so please send
your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!