ALL LEVELS HORTON TECHNIQUE
TREME NORDC CENTER
900 North Villere St. (Tremé)
Winter/Spring classes continue through Friday, May 18, 2018. No classes during summer 2018. Fall 2018 - spring 2019 classes are scheduled to begin Friday, September 7, 2018. Please check back for updates regarding these classes.
Experience recommended but not required. The Lester Horton Technique is a rigorous and strength-building modern dance technique used by the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. Focus on fortifying basic Horton Technique skills including Primitive Squat Descent, Deep Forward Lunges, Flatbacks, Laterals, Release Swings, Hinges, Prances, Pulls, Triplets, Leg Swings, Tilts, Tables and Double Attitude Jumps.
* Schedules and locations are subject to change.
* Class open to adults and teens ages 14+.
* Classes filled on a first come, first served basis.
* Enrollment is required the first time you attend.
* Forms are available from your instructor or download below.
CLICK HERE to download the adult/senior form.
CLICK HERE to download the teen form for participants under the age of 18.
*Participants under the age of 18 must submit forms completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian prior to joining a class.
What to Wear
* Comfortable dance or exercise attire is recommended.
For more information about our FREE open community classes for adults and teens ages 14-80+, please contact Millette White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-522-0996 ext. 213.