The New Orleans Ballet Association, in partnership with the New Orleans Recreation Development Commission, St. Jerome Church, Wilson Charter School, and the Broadmoor Improvement Association, will offer a variety of tuition-free summer dance camps for youth ages 6-18 in Orleans and Jefferson parishes. These camps provide nationally award-winning, quality dance instruction for students at every level of learning, led by a faculty of local and world-renowned guest artists.Twilight Dance Camps
take place June 3-28 for ages 6-18 at NORDC/NOBA Center For Dance and NOBA partner sites in Orleans and Jefferson parishes. Classes in ballet, tap, modern, hip hop, and other dance forms will be held between 4-8:30pm, depending on location.
*No audition required. **NOTE: Registration for Twilight Dance Camp now is closed. If you would like for your child to be placed on a waiting list, please send the child's name and age and the center you would like your child to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org.Adventures in Dance Camp
will be held July 8-26 for ages 6-11, at the Lyons NORDC Center. This fun-filled day camp provides awesome adventures in movement to motivate, educate and inspire youth through dance technique classes and creative movement, paired with integrated learning activities to promote healthy eating and lifestyles.
*No audition required.
**Participants must live in Orleans Parish.***NOTE: There are several spaces available for Adventures in Dance Camp. Contact email@example.com for more information.
*For Twilight and Adventures in Dance Camps, contact Susan Bensinger at 504-522-0996 ext. 207, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Summer Intensive Camp
, held July 10-August 2 for ages 9-18, offers the serious dance student three and a half weeks of rigorous technique classes and hands on choreography sessions with some of the world’s top dance artists, culminating in a fully produced performance. This year’s incredible guest artist lineup includes artistic directors, associate directors, and resident artists of Complexions Contemporary Ballet and Parsons Dance, which represent two of the most prolific and enduring choreographic voices of today in Dwight Rhoden and David Parsons. A first audition was held on March 9 (early decision audition), and a second audition takes place on Sunday, April 21 (limited spaces remain). Intermediate and advanced students have the opportunity to be chosen to participate in additional weeks of guest master artist residencies in June.
*For the Summer Intensive, contact Millette White at 504-522-0996 ext. 213,or e-mail email@example.com.
*Supplies fees vary for each camp, and scholarships are available.
SUMMER 2013 DANCE CLASSES GENERAL INFORMATION:
1) All classes are tuition-free.
2) Youth classes are open to children ages 6-18.*
3) Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
4) Registration will remain open through January 31, or until classes are filled.
5) Each class is approximately 1 hour—placement depends on both age and experience level.
6) All students are invited to participate in a fully produced spring concert at Tulane’s Dixon Hall on May 19, 2013.*Students must be 6 years of age by January 31, 2013, and be no older than 18 and a senior in high school to enroll in spring 2013 youth classes.THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
1) Completed Enrollment Application
(available at registration or download from our website—see below for location specific forms).
2) Copy of new student applicant's birth certificate for ages 6-7.
For more information on NOBA’s Education Programs, contact 504-522-0996 x 203.